WDVA Banner photos of homes, cemetery, logo, and people


Claims Assistance

How can WDVA Help me?

The Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) is a full-service state agency that assists veterans, their family members and survivors. The department is an advocate for veterans and their families, and aggressively pursues all federal and state benefits and entitlements on their behalf.

The department’s Veterans Service Offices and the statewide referral service are staffed with qualified benefits specialists to assist veterans and family members in accessing benefits to which they may be entitled. Using a case management approach, our staff attend to the needs of the individual and their families by providing counseling and referral services in a holistic fashion. This includes representing veterans in cases adjudicated with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in Seattle. Outreach services are available for areas which are not near a Veterans Service Office.

Contact a Service Officer

VA Disability Compensation

VA Pension

Information from the Federal Trade Commission Poaching Veterans' Pensions

Physical Disability Board of Review

When meeting with your Service Officer, please bring as many of the following documents with you as you can to help us prepare your initial claim for veterans benefits.

� Copy of DD214 or other separation papers for all periods of service
� Copies of your marriage certificate and all divorce decrees
� Copies of the public birth records for each child you claim as a
� A copy of all service medical records you have
� Medical records you have showing you currently have this
disability (diagnosis)
� Medical records you have indicating the disability was caused by or
happened during your active military service

You may contact us for assistance by emailing benefits@dva.wa.gov or by calling 1-800-562-2308 Monday-Thursday 7:00am-6:00pm.