Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee
Upcoming VAAC Meetings:
- May 3, 2018 – Pullman, WA
- July 12, 2018 – Omak, WA
- September 20, 2018 – Commander’s Call
- October 18, 2018 – Mount Vernon, WA
- November 15, 2018 – Sequim, WA
Previous Meeting Minutes:
- March 22, 2018 - Ephrata, WA
- November 16, 2017 – Spokane, WA
- October 19, 2017 - Aberdeen, WA
- September 21, 2017 – Vancouver
- Commander’s Call – May 18, 2017 (See Meeting Materials at bottom of page)
- Marysville - March 16, 2017
- Kelso - November 17, 2016
- Bellingham - October 20, 2016
- Wapato - September 15, 2016
- Chelan - July 21, 2016
- Shelton - April 28, 2016
- Oak Harbor - February 18, 2016
Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee --created--membership--terms--powers & duties RCW 43.60A.080
What is the VAAC?
The Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee (VAAC) is a seventeen member committee appointed by the Governor. Each member is appointed to a term of four years. Veterans are recommended for appointment to the VAAC by the leadership of nationally recognized Veteran Service Organizations active in Washington State, and two members are appointed as veterans at large.
The VAAC Operates with the motto of No Veteran Forgotten, and serves in an advisory capacity to the Governor and the Director of the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs. Members divide into small groups and plan Town Hall meetings in locations across the state.
Town Hall meetings serve two purposes:
1) To provide a forum for veterans and their families to learn about the services and resources available in their own communities.
2) To educate VAAC members on issues that are important to veterans and their families across the state so that the VAAC can share this information with the WDVA Director and the Governor.
Meeting Materials from May 18th Commander's Call: