Veteran Owned Business Certification
Washington State has a certification for Veterans and Servicemembers. Certification is free and requires only basic veteran discharge status and business information to complete.
WDVA and WEBS (Washington’s Electronic Business Solution) have teamed up to streamline the registration and certification process for vendors who want to do business with Washington State agencies or municipalities.
First register your business in WEBS then send in your certification documentation.
- Proof of Honorable Veteran Status (copy of 1 of the following items*) You are welcome to redact sensitive information.
- DD214 member 4 copy, Retired VA ID Card, Retirement Certificate, Discharge Certificate - or if currently serving your military ID, badge, recent paystub, or letter on military letterhead. If you need to order a new copy of your DD214 you can do so at www.archives.gov .
- Proof of 51% ownership (copy of 1 of the following items*)
- Master Business application, business plan, operating agreement, meeting minutes, shares report, stock certificate breakdown, tax forms with ownership %, or if sole proprietorship your license.
- If a community property or 2 veteran 50/50 split you are eligible as long as the veteran maintains day to day operational control of the business.
- Proof the business is a Washington State Enterprise which is defined as an enterprise which is incorporated in the state of Washington as a Washington domestic corporation, or an enterprise whose principal place of business is located within the state of Washington for enterprises which are not incorporated.
You can send the certification documentation several ways:
Email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax Attn: VOB 360-725-2197
US Mail WDVA Business Registry
PO Box 41150
Olympia, WA 98504-1150
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.
Veteran or Servicemember Owned Businesses registered in WEBS and certified by WDVA will be listed on the WDVA website. Visit WEBS to search for a veteran or servicemember owned business .
Why get certified as a WDVA Veteran or Servicemember Owned Business?
Washington State agencies have been asked by Governor Inslee to do 5% of their purchasing from Veteran or Servicemember Owned Businesses. By linking the WDVA Certified Veteran and Servicemember Owned Business list to WEBS, state agencies will now have a way to identify WDVA Certified Businesses AND keep track of how they’re doing toward their purchasing goals.
It will also help private businesses and citizens across the state with easy access to your business information through the list of WDVA Certified Veteran or Servicemember Owned Businesses in their communities.
And it makes you eligible to apply for the Veterans Linked Deposit Program which can improve access to capital for certified Veteran and Servicemember Owned Business enterprises by decreasing interest rates on small business loans by 2%!