This cemetery has space available to accommodate casketed and cremated remains.
SCHEDULE A BURIAL
Fax an Interment application and all military discharge documentation to the State Veterans Cemetery office at (509)-299-6286 and follow-up with a phone call to (509)-299-6280 Option ‘0’. A copy of the marriage certificate is also required for spouse interments. If the veteran/spouse is pre-registered simply call (509)-299-6280 Option ‘0’ and provide the name and pre-registration number. Interment applications are available on our Forms link.
Pre-registration offers a way for a veteran or family member to make final arrangements and is highly encouraged. There is no obligation for pre-registering. Applications are available on our Forms page.
Eligibility for interment in the State Veterans Cemetery mirrors National Veterans Cemetery eligibility requirements. In general, U.S. veterans discharged under conditions other than dishonorable and their spouses and dependent children are eligible.
More information on National Veterans Cemetery Eligibility Requirements is available at https://www.va.gov/burials-memorials/eligibility/ or by contacting a WDVA Benefits Specialist at (800) 562-2308.
For spouses or dependent children, $300.00 will be collected on the day of interment. For veterans, the Federal VA provides the following:
- Burial plot or columbarium niche
- Concrete liner for casket burials
- Opening and closing of the grave
- Perpetual care of the gravesite
- Inscribed gravestone
- 30 minute committal service
All other funeral expenses are paid by the Veteran’s family or estate.
Some Veterans or their widows/widowers may be eligible for additional Federal VA benefits. To determine whether the veteran or family member is eligible for additional benefits please call 1-800-562-2308.
Types of Interment Offered
The State Veterans Cemetery provides for in-ground casket burial sites. Columbarium niches, in-ground cremation inurnment and a scattering garden are available for cremation interments.
Veterans Cemeteries in Washington
County aid for indigent families of deceased veterans who have resided in Washington state for at least one year may be available. Contact your County officials for eligibility information.
The videos are intended for those inquiring about the National Cemeteries, but much of the information is applicable to your Washington State Veterans Cemetery. Please contact The Washington State Veterans Cemetery for eligibility and scheduling requests specific to the Washington State Veterans Cemetery, Medical Lake.
- A Sacred Trust https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37fxWSn6WKI&index=1&list=PL7897A1FCC5516DDE
- Attending a Casket Burial Service with Military Funeral Honors (Veteran) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0unio4S3dg&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7897A1FCC5516DDE
- Attending a Casket Burial Service without Military Funeral Honors (non-Veteran) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktMbm6L1HYs&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7897A1FCC5516DDE
- Attending a Cremated Remains Interment Service with Military Honors (Veteran) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iCgTDUwa0M&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7897A1FCC5516DDE
- Honoring Your Service – Bronze Headstone Medallion (Private Cemeteries Only) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs7BPpCvbSQ&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7897A1FCC5516DDE