Applications open at 8:00 a.m. on May 12, 2021
Applications will not be accepted after 11:59 p.m. on May 24, 2021
Grant recipients will be notified on or before June 30, 2021
Funds will be distributed on or before June 30, 2021
ABOUT THE NONPROFIT COMMUNITY RECOVERY (NCR) GRANTS
The Washington State Department of Commerce is pleased to partner with the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) to administer $1.25 million in Nonprofit Community Recovery (NCR) grant funding to veteran service organizations (VSO’s).
VSO’s help build community and support serving those who served. Their recovery is critical to a thriving post-pandemic economy and healthy communities within Washington. These pandemic recovery grants will be administered by WDVA to VSO’s in Washington state. Organizations that are led by and/or serve under-resourced communities, culturally diverse populations, and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Grants will be distributed to nonprofit VSO’s statewide. Statewide organizations with multiple posts are chapters are strongly encouraged to file one application via this website through the statewide organization on behalf of all posts and chapters. If you represent a post or chapter of a VSO, please reach out to them to determine if they are submitting an application including all posts and chapters, prior to filling out an application.
All applications received by 11:59 p.m. on May 24, 2021 will be considered.
There is no minimum or maximum award amount. Awards must be used to cover expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021, due to financial hardship incurred by the COVID-19 pandemic. Funds will be awarded as unrestricted grants but cannot be used to cover expenses previously covered by other COVID-19 related public or private funding sources including Paycheck Protection Program funds.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Organizations that meet all of the following criteria:
- Have non-profit status from the IRS (i.e., 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), 501(c)(17), 501(c)(19), etc.), or fiscal sponsorship by an organization with non-profit status from the IRS, with appropriate documentation since FY2019
- 501(c)(3) organizations, other than those who already contract with WDVA, are highly encouraged to apply for a grant through the ArtsFund where there are $10 million available. If a 501(c)(3) already contracts with WDVA, OR they do not qualify for the ArtsFund grant, they should apply through the WDVA grant program.
- Operate as veteran service organizations, defined as organizations whose primary mission is to serve veterans through their programming or services.
- Located in Washington State, and provide services to veterans within Washington state.
Who is Not Eligible to Apply?
- For-profit organizations
- Political advocacy organizations
- Organizations located outside of Washington state
If your organization is eligible, we encourage you to apply. Washington State Department of Commerce and WDVA are committed to equity within our state and encourage organizations who are led by and/or serve under-resourced communities, culturally diverse populations, and underrepresented groups to apply. These include, but are not limited to, organizations in rural communities and organizations led by and/or serve communities that identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), as people with disabilities, and as LGBTQ+.
(Note: The Washington State Department of Commerce is also running a Nonprofit Community Recovery (NCR) grant program in partnership with an organization called ArtsFund. The program is open to 501(c)(3) veteran service organizations. If you are a 501(c)(3) veteran service organization that already applied for an NCR grant through ArtsFund, please do not submit a second application through this program. State NCR grants will only be awarded to applicants one time.)
Award decisions will be based on COVID-19 impact to your organization.
- Applications open at 8:00 a.m. on May 12, 2021
- Applications will not be accepted after 11:59 p.m. on May 24, 2021
- Grant recipients will be notified on or before June 30, 2021
- Funds will be distributed on or before June 30, 2021
- Applicants must complete the Veteran NCR Grant Application Form describing their COVID-related expenses and loss of revenue between March 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021.
- Applicants must be a registered vendor with the State of Washington. If your organization is not registered, you may do so at: https://ofm.wa.gov/it-systems/accounting-systems/statewide-vendorpayee-services
If you have any questions about this grant, please contact: VetNCRgrants@dva.wa.gov or 360-725-2235.