Washington States Outstanding Service to Veterans Awardees honored in Auburn
Six Washington residents and two teams were honored on Saturday, November 9 with Outstanding Service to Veterans Awards for their contributions to Washington State’s veterans and their families during the past year.
The awards, co-sponsored each year by the Governor's Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee (VAAC) and the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs, recognize individuals who devote time and energy to improving the lives of Washington's veterans and their families.
The awards are presented at a special luncheon in Auburn, following the awardees participation in the City’s annual Veterans Day Parade. Parade starts at 11 am and luncheon begins at 1:30 pm.
The 2019 Outstanding Service to Veterans are:
- Senator Hans Zeiger – 25th District
- Representative Mike Chapman – 24th District
- Gary Condra – Puyallup, WA
- Randy Turner – Lakewood Veterans Court, WA
- Allen Acosta – Lacey, WA
- Christopher Carver – Spokane, WA
- Tahoma National Cemetery
- Spokane County Regional Veterans Services Center
Heidi Audette, Communications Director
(360) 725-2154 – office
(360) 791-8966 – cell