Washington Soldiers Home Orting

Contact Us

1301 Orting Kapowsin Hwy

Orting, WA 98360

Main Soldiers Home Number

(360) 893-4515


Driving Directions


For Transitional Housing Program Inquiries contact:

Delena Josephsen

THP Admissions Coordinator



More Info

Medicare A Statement

Our Homes provide Medicare A rehabilitative services for veterans or their widow(er) needing care following a qualifying hospital stay.

Veterans Village Contact Information

The Veterans Village is not operated by WDVA.  It is operated by Quixote Communities.  Please visit: www.quixotecommunities.org.  Or call:

Tod Gunther 360-872-0079

Marcus Taylor 360-872-1495

Kolby Davis 360-872-1051

Join the WDVA Team!

Visit careers.wa.gov to learn about open positions at your WDVA.

Email: recruiting@dva.wa.gov

Transitional Housing Program Contact Information

The THP is managed separately from the Soldiers Home.  Please use the contact information below to reach their Team!
Monday - Friday 8:30-4:30

Orting day: 253-263-0735
evening: 253-259-0581

Port Orchard:  Carrie Cooke, Cell (360) 689-6066

Transitional Housing Program for Veterans 

  • 1141 Beach Drive East, Building 10
    Port Orchard, WA 98366


  • 1301 Orting Kapowsin Hwy.
    Orting, WA 98360

Mailing Address:
Transitional Housing Program
PO BOX 8175
Port Orchard, WA 98366


Serves 128 residents

The Washington Soldiers Home is located on 174 acres in the beautiful Puyallup Valley near Orting.

Established in 1891, this was the first of four homes built for Washington state veterans.


All Washington State Veterans Homes are Medicare and Medicaid certified facilities. To be eligible for admission, applicants must meet the following criteria:

  • Require Nursing Home Level care (The Soldiers Home does not provide Assisted Living Care.)

  • Served at any time, in any branch of the United States Armed Forces including the National Guard;

  • Received an honorable discharge or are already eligible for federal Department of Veterans Affairs monetary benefits or who were separated with less than honorable characterizations of service due solely to sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression or actions or statements related to sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression, regardless of characterization of service;

  • Reside in Washington State;

  • Be the spouse of a resident or widow of an eligible veteran;

  • Or be a Gold Star Parent who lost a child while serving in the armed forces.

Veterans rated 70%-100% Service Connected Disabled, or whose service connected disability is the reason nursing care is needed, may have their nursing home care paid by the Federal VA.  We also accept Medicare, Medicaid, 3rd Party Insurance and Private Pay.  


To request an application by mail, click here and provide your mailing address.  Or, call 1-877-VETS-R-US (1-877-838-7787) for more information.

For additional information on the cost of care in a State Veterans Home, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Serving our Veterans

Our State Veterans Homes are Medicaid and Medicare Certified and provide 24-hour nursing care, medical care and pharmacy services.  We provide a number of supportive programs and services such as:

  • Physical Therapy

  • Occupational Therapy

  • Recreational Activities

  • Social Services

  • Volunteer Programs - Find out more

  • Hospice

  • Nutritious Meals

  • Community Involvement

  • Religious Programs

  • Transportation

  • Laundry

  • Beauty & Barber Shops

  • Fishing Pond (Orting)

  • Patriotic Internment Services

Please let us know how we can help!