Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee
Upcoming VAAC Meetings:
- September 21, 2017 – Vancouver
- November 16, 2017 – Spokane, WA
- Olympia TBD
Previous Meeting Minutes:
- Commander’s Call – May 18, 2017 (See Meeting Materials at bottom of page)
- Aberdeen - April 13, 2017
- Marysville - March 16, 2017
- Kelso - November 17, 2016
- Bellingham - October 20, 2016
- Wapato - September 15, 2016
- Chelan - July 21, 2016
- Shelton - April 28, 2016
- Oak Harbor - February 18, 2016
- Vancouver - November 19, 2015
- Mount Vernon - October 15, 2015
- Colville - July 16, 2015
- Wenatchee - May 21, 2015
- Colfax - April 16, 2015
- Bremerton - March 19, 2015
- Port Angeles - February 19, 2014
- Tonasket - October 23, 2014
- Yakima - July 23, 2014
- Pasco - June 26, 2014
- Auburn - April 17, 2014
- Port Orchard - January 23, 2014
- Spokane - September 11, 2013
- Vancouver - March 14, 2013
Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee --created--membership--terms--powers & duties RCW 43.60A.080
What is the VAAC?
The Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee (VAAC) is a seventeen member committee appointed by the Governor. Each member is appointed to a term of four years. Veterans are recommended for appointment to the VAAC by the leadership of nationally recognized Veteran Service Organizations active in Washington State, and two members are appointed as veterans at large.
The VAAC serves in an advisory capacity to the Governor and the Director of the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs. Members divide into small groups and plan Town Hall meetings in locations across the state.
Town Hall meetings serve two purposes:
1) To provide a forum for veterans and their families to learn about the services and resources available in their own communities.
2) To educate VAAC members on issues that are important to veterans and their families across the state so that the VAAC can share this information with the WDVA Director and the Governor.
Meeting Materials from May 18th Commander's Call: