Free or Reduced Rate Passes

Motor Vehicle Licenses

  • Free Disabled Veteran: A copy of your Federal VA rating letter showing you receive service connected compensation at the 100% rate must be mailed to the Dept of Licensing along with your disabled veteran plate application.  You can request a copy of your Federal VA rating letter by calling 1-800-827-1000.

Veteran Designation on WA State Drivers License

  • You can get a Veteran designation on your driver licenses or ID card. It's free if you're only changing your Veterans status. Bring your DD Form 214 that shows "honorable" or "general under honorable conditions" status to a driver licensing office. If you don't have your DD Form 214 you can request your military service records online, by mail, or by fax ( LEARN MORE:

Reduced Fishing/Hunting License

The Department of Fish and Wildlife encourages all persons to experience recreation in Washington's wonderful outdoors. The ADA Committee is proactive and dedicated to providing persons with disabilities access to hunting, fishing and wildlife viewing opportunities.  The following are eligible for a combination fishing license and/or hunting license(s). These licenses are issued at a discounted rate.  See Disability Fee Schedule.

  • Resident veterans with honorable discharge with at least 30% service connected disability as verified by VA letter
  • Resident veterans with honorable discharge who are 65 years of age or older with a service connected disability as verified by VA letter
  • Resident who permanently uses a wheelchair as certified by the doctor
  • Resident who is blind or visually impaired
  • Resident with a developmental disability as determined by DSHS authority or physicians signature

License/Permit Eligibility Requirements for People with Disabilities and Veterans: Don’t let your service connected disability prevent you from enjoying WA State’s hunting and fishing opportunities! If your disability meets WDFW guidelines you may be eligible to;

  • Have a designated companion assist in hunting or fishing.
  • Access special hunting and fishing areas.

For more information:

or Contact Dolores Noyes
FAX: 360-902-2392

State and Federal Park Passes

State Parks - you must include a copy of your ID when you submit your application.

  • You may visit your nearest park or park region headquarters and pick up an application or write, telephone, or visit the Washington State Parks headquarters at:
    Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
    1111 Israel Road SW
    P.O. Box 42650
    Olympia, WA 98504
    Ph: 360-902-8500
    Ph: 360-664-3133 (TDD / TTY)

  • A Disabled Veterans Lifetime Pass (application) provides free camping/moorage, campsite reservations through State Parks central reservations system, watercraft launching, trailer dump. Valid year-round. Offered to Washington state residents with a documented service-connected disability of at least 30 percent.
  • There are new fees associated with using Recreational Lands in Washington State.
  • Find out how the new Discover Pass affects Disabled Veteran Lifetime Pass-holders

Federal Parks

America the Beautiful – National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass – Access Pass - Cost: Free (see note in "how to obtain" for more details) Available for: U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities. Applicants must provide documentation of permanent disability and residency or citizenship.
How to obtain: