There are many resources out there to help with your job search! We’ve linked a few of them to this site and hope you’ll take a few minutes to explore them. If you need help along the way, just let us know at email@example.com or by contacting a veterans employment representative at your local WorkSource Office.
Find a Job:
Find out more about:
Veterans Preference and Re-Employment:
WA State Veterans Scoring Criteria:
- RCW 41.04.010 Veterans' scoring criteria status in examinations
- RCW 73.16.010 - Preference in public employment
- Applying Veterans Preference
- Military Retirement Credit - Department of Retirement Systems
Is your Business Hiring?
- Yes Vets - Sign up for the Yes Vets hiring initiative!
- Learn about Tax Credits for Hiring Veterans! Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program and B&O or PUT Tax Credits for Hiring Veterans
- America’s Heroes at Work
- Supporting Veterans in the Workplace Toolkit
Military Spouse Licensure / Certification Reimbursements
Translating Military Training or Experience to WA State Licensure or Credentials:
Washington state has actively engaged credential and licensing entities to promote transferability of skills and qualifications for veterans and military spouses. Learn more about these efforts at the links below:
- Department of License Military Assistance for Business and Professional Licenses
- Department of Health Military Resources and Health Profession Crosswalk
- Commercial Drivers Licensing for Recently Separated Military
- Expedited E-certification for Teachers, Paraeducators, Administrators, and Education Staff Associates (Upon completing your application, contact Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, 360-725-6400, for expedited processing)
- Troops to Teachers