On behalf of your Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs, we thank all Veterans and their Families for their service.
While we are not able to celebrate Veterans Day with traditional events and observances, we have created a 2020 Virtual Veterans Day Toolkit to Honor ALL Who Served!
- Official Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs 2020 Veterans Day ‘Honoring Those Who Served’ Video: https://youtu.be/rmv7iqka1eo
- 2020 Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee Outstanding Service to Veterans Awards Winners – Media Release LINK: Typically, the Outstanding Service to Veterans Award winners are announced by the Governors Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee (VAAC) during the Annual Auburn Veterans Day Parade. This year the winners were honored during a virtual ceremony that you can watch during the Auburn Virtual Veterans Tribute Program, Sunday, November 8 at 6:30 PM. This virtual program will include live performances, patriotic music, inspirational stories and a walk down memory lane. https://www.facebook.com/auburnwa or you can view the video on the WDVA YouTube website at: https://youtu.be/7N0SrWqYwFE
- 2020 Washington State Veterans Day Proclamation: https://dva.wa.gov/news/2020/proclamation-2020-veterans-day
- Other Veterans Day Events or Observances are listed on our website at: https://www.dva.wa.gov/calendar
More on how the Washington Department of Veterans Affairs Can Serve YOU:
While it’s common tradition to thank veterans on Veterans Day, it’s important to remember that their service, sacrifice, and dedication doesn’t just happen one day out of the year. At our agency, every day is Veterans Day and our dedicated team stands ready to connect veterans and their families to the benefits earned through their military service.
Here are just a few of the ways we can serve you:
- Our benefits specialists can help prepare claims to the Federal VA for disability compensation or pension.
- Five counseling and wellness programs provide support through mental health counseling, traumatic brain injury services, veterans conservation corps activities, internships, and a Veterans Peer Corps.
- Our transitional housing program serves Veterans Experiencing Homelessness with supportive housing, helping them move back into their communities.
- Four State Veterans Homes serve the long-term or rehabilitative care needs of veterans and their widows. Homes are located in Orting, Port Orchard, Spokane and Walla Walla.
- The State Veterans Cemetery in Medical Lake honors veterans and eligible family members in their final resting place.
Please visit us online at www.dva.wa.gov, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-800-562-2308 and learn more about how Your Washington Department of Veterans Affairs is “Serving Those Who Served.”
We would like to Thank ALL Veterans and Their Families for their unwavering support, sacrifice and dedication to country. Your Washington Department of Veterans Affairs is honored to, Serve Those Who Served!