Available to veterans who:
(a) Have lost the use of both hands or one foot;
(b) Have become blind in both eyes as the result of military service; or
(c) Are rated by the veterans administration or the military service from which the veteran was discharged and be receiving service-connected compensation at the one hundred percent rate that is expected to exist for more than one year.
You can mail in your application https://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/420500.pdf to the Special Plate Unit, Department of Licensing, PO Box 9909, Olympia, WA 98507-8500.
Mark the box for Disabled American Veteran and include a copy of your Federal VA rating letter. You can request a copy of your Federal VA rating letter by calling 1-800-827-1000.
Getting your Disabled Plate from out of state:
You cannot get your DAV plate in a local licensing office. You have to go through the Special Plate Unit, Department of Licensing, PO Box 9909, Olympia, WA 98507-8500.
In order to register a vehicle from out of state, DOLrequires the following to be mailed into the Special Plate Unit:
1. VA rating letter - You can request a copy of your Federal VA rating letter by calling 1-800-827-1000.
2. Military plate application https://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/420500.pdf Mark the box for Disabled American Veteran
3. Notarized title application (listing all current owners)
4. Original out of state title or a copy if they’re making payments to a lienholder - contact leinholder to ask for a copy.
5. Odometer disclosure statement - you can get this in any vehicle licensing office or call to have it mailed to you.
6. $56.25 (as long as the vehicle has been owned and operated in another state for more than 90 days)
Armed Forces Plates
Military, Veterans, and Family Members!