Available to veterans who:
(a) Have lost the use of both hands or one foot;
(b) Have become blind in both eyes as the result of military service; or
(c) Are rated by the veterans administration or the military service from which the veteran was discharged and be receiving service-connected compensation at the one hundred percent rate that is expected to exist for more than one year.
You can mail in your application https://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/420500.pdf to the Special Plate Unit, Department of Licensing, PO Box 9909, Olympia, WA 98507-8500.
Mark the box for Disabled American Veteran and include a copy of your Federal VA rating letter. You can request a copy of your Federal VA rating letter by calling 1-800-827-1000.
Getting your Disabled Plate from out of state:
You cannot get your DAV plate in a local licensing office. You have to go through the Special Plate Unit, Department of Licensing, PO Box 9909, Olympia, WA 98507-8500.
In order to register a vehicle from out of state, DOLrequires the following to be mailed into the Special Plate Unit:
1. VA rating letter - You can request a copy of your Federal VA rating letter by calling 1-800-827-1000.
2. Military plate application https://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/420500.pdf Mark the box for Disabled American Veteran
3. Notarized title application (listing all current owners)
4. Original out of state title or a copy if they’re making payments to a lienholder - contact leinholder to ask for a copy.
5. Odometer disclosure statement - you can get this in any vehicle licensing office or call to have it mailed to you.
6. $56.25 (as long as the vehicle has been owned and operated in another state for more than 90 days)
If you have any questions please contact the DOL Special Plate Unit at 360-902-3770.
Armed Forces Plates
Military, Veterans, and Family Members!